Sustainability is a living practice. It’s what drives us to make the new life of work better.
Every product and process we create today is shaped by our commitment to sustainability. Our goals are based in both science and sensibility, with immediate and long-term outcomes that impact our footprint as well as our customers’ wellbeing.
To do this, we’re envisioning what sustainable work truly means. We’re answering why environmental expectations are changing what workspaces and workers need. We’re addressing what we design, how we make it — and who is affected, from the designer in the studio to the factory worker to each person in their workplace. Because, if sustainability benefits the greater ecosystem, we know it’s just as good for people.
When a place is thriving, the people in it can, too. That’s true for everyone.
And it links us together, everywhere.
To this cause we bring our deep roots in life-cycle and biophilic design thinking. Sustainability is a criterion throughout our development process, from the selection of materials and partners along the supply chain to our production and logistics — all with the achievement of third-party certifications. Through our rigorous research, design, engineering, testing and certifying, we can develop higher performing, responsible furnishings that are built to last, so that they’re longer in use and kept out of the landfill.
To create enduring designs that take less from the environment and add more to our wellbeing — that’s how we help make the new life of work better.
And this is how we get there.
As part of Steelcase Inc. and its global commitment to sustainability, all Coalesse-branded products adhere to the same strict compliance and sustainability standards and have contributed to all Steelcase sustainability accomplishments in the past decade, including:
These are just a fraction of our sustainability accomplishments. You can find more information on Steelcase Inc.’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) commitment here.
Coalesse is committed to achieving third-party certifications across our portfolio, including all new and existing Coalesse-branded products:
– SCS Indoor Advantage™ (A globally recognized certification measuring a product’s contribution to healthy indoor air):
– LEED®️ and WELL Building Standard®️ (Globally recognized symbols of sustainability achievement and leadership within buildings and communities):
Additional information can be found on product pages in our product environmental profiles (PEPs), which give detailed data on material makeup, recyclability, and manufacturing.
As we look ahead, Coalesse is building capability for our future sustainability goals:
• Ongoing initiatives to retroactively achieve Indoor Advantage™ for older products
• Growth in transparency around product materials and chemistry, working within our supply chain to eliminate materials of concern wherever possible
• Continued development of products that integrate biophilic elements including a blend of sustainable materials, to contribute to greater employee wellbeing
All statements and goals stated apply to Coalesse branded products only.
Need help? Let the Coalesse
team assist with